When it comes to finding online jobs, most of the time we are apprehensive about the kind of jobs that we want. This is primarily because of the kind of job postings out there, on the internet. Although there are genuine work from home jobs that employers post about, this somehow doesn’t leave out the possibility that there may be some illegitimate ones too.
So, what is the right approach to finding genuine work from home jobs? There are a couple of indicators that tell you how genuine or not a job posting is. In this article, we aim to bust the myth around genuine work from home online jobs and all the things that need you attention if you’re looking for an online job.
3 things to look into if you want a genuine work from home job
Pick the right job site
It is very important to pick the right job site because that will decide how genuine or not it is. Popular sites like Naukri, Monster, Indeed, LinkedIn have worked effectively for thousands of employees in search for genuine work from home jobs. It is important to understand the credibility of these job sites in order to get the job you deserve.
Once you pick the right job site, you can then start your hunt for specific jobs that you’re looking for. Every site has a search bar and the option to customise your search too. You will find job listings based on what you paste in the search menu and simultaneously you can start applying to these jobs too.
Set up a profile online
There are many sites where you can set up your profile on. Figure out what you want to add there and accordingly work on your profile. You need to remember to add all your previous work experiences along with your qualifications. Don’t miss out anything! In fact you should get it in order chronologically so that it becomes easier for the employer to understand your skills and USPs.
Work on your resume
A very important part that one needs to work on before finding a genuine work from home job is- to work on the resume. Resume basically defines your academic, personal and professional profile in one document. It needs to have details of everything you have done up until now. This makes it easier for an employer to hire or reject, on the basis of their requirements. Create a simple design for your resume. You can do this by using the many templates available on the internet. Put in a few hours and fill it in according to the company that you plan to apply at. Resume can either make or break your chance so word it wisely.
Now that you know of the 3 key essentials needed before you look for a genuine work from home job, here is our list of jobs that pay well, are genuine and can add value to your existing profile.
Genuine work from home jobs that you can earn from
- Digital marketing- Online Marketing is the best niche to be in since all sectors have moved online in the recent past
- Making homemade products- With concepts like sustainable living, minimal expenses are the need of the hour. Homemade products are always a hit because quality is guaranteed and people want to gift unique yet priceless items.
- Online reselling with Shop101- An app that can help you run your business from home without having to invest in it, is what entrepreneurial dreams are made of. Download the Shop101 app and go one step closer to being your own boss.
- Content writing- This job pays well if you have the time, expertise and in depth knowledge of tools like SEO, SEM, Grammarly etc. Without these also, you can excel by writing copies for agencies, bloggers, social media influencers and so on as long as you create authentic content.
- Create videos- YouTube is THE platform if you want to create video content. The key here is to remain consistent and create content that your audience can relate to.
We hope this article gave you some clarity on what you need to do to find the best and genuine work from home job outlet for yourself. While in some cases, you need a resume to apply for a job, in most cases you can start something of your own as we have mentioned in the list above. If there are any more suggestions that you’d like to pour in, drop them in the comments section below.
Before you go, don't forget to subscribe to our blog.
Our confirmation email includes link to download our app.