Digital marketing has been around for a couple of years now. However, it is only in the last few years that it has been perceived as a very necessary and powerful tool for companies and businesses to grow. This advancement has given rise to macro and micro job opportunities in the field of digital marketing. As this field offers more prospects, the demand has invariably gone up as well, making young folks curious about what a digital marketing salary in India can look like.
Unlike most other fields, a digital marketing executive has the option of working as a freelancer or also as a full-time employee. There is an option of working from home and getting paid for the same as it is all digital. So, without further ado, let us look at what kind of digital marketing salary in India, you can expect.
Digital marketing as a career
Before we get down to understanding the structure of digital marketing salary in India, let us look at why this career is here to say. Here is how you can get started:
- Identify good institutes or platforms that offer a course in Digital Marketing.
- Ensure proper affiliation and hold some weightage
- Check out the course structure and understand all that it includes in it.
- If you want to learn specific niches in Digital marketing, you can take advance courses in the same
- Opt for a certificate course divided into modules, which take you through the different niches in digital marketing
- Once you have completed the course, try to take up freelance projects online
- Sites like Fiverr, Upwork, can help you get these projects by signing up with them
- After you have built some experience with these projects, you can start applying for jobs
- The options you have are: 1. Apply at an agency 2. Apply a company that focuses a lot on marketing digitally
- Digital marketing is a growing field so always stay up to trends. You can do this by adding more courses to your existing qualification.
Well, isn’t this a good career opportunity for you? If it has been on your mind for a while now, you should definitely take the leap and go for it!
Digital marketing salary in India
Finally, getting to the main topic of this post; digital marketing salary in India- here’s what you can expect:
When you are starting out, the average salary that you can expect is around 3-5L p.a. As you progress in your field and gather experience over the years, the pay scale will escalate.
A Senior Digital Marketing Manager’s salary ranges somewhere between 7-10L p.a. You qualify to be in this league if you have 5-9 years of noteworthy experience in this field. The pace at which your role grows coincides with the salary you should be getting, as per industry standards.
This structure of digital marketing salary in India varies depending upon the specialisations that you might opt for. For example, as an SEO expert, your salary will differ from that of an employee who is solely into content marketing. If you know Google Adwords then you’re likely to get paid a little more as compared to a content writer. So, this disparity has more to do with the type of responsibilities you’re assigned for the said role, than anything else.
We hope this article gave you some clarity about digital marketing as a career and the kind of salary you can expect in India. If you have any more questions, pertaining to this, please leave them in the comments section below. We will be happy to guide you with the same. Follow the Shop101 blog for more such insightful articles.
Before you go, don't forget to subscribe to our blog.
Our confirmation email includes link to download our app.